• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Runaway missing 16 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of youcr state?ca
Well I need to know what can I do legally to keep my child off the streets can I put her in juvenile hall

CdwJava

What is the name of youcr state?ca
Well I need to know what can I do legally to keep my child off the streets can I put her in juvenile hall
No. You cannot place her in juvenile hall because she is not listening to you. In fact, you can't place her in JH at all - only law enforcement or the court can do that. Her refusal to listen to you and heed your direction is a status offense in CA and thus incapable of resulting in a stay in juvenile hall. Unless she is arrested for a crime, JH is not an option. Even then, they will almost certainly turn her back over to you unless it is a very serious offense or likely to continue.

If she goes out and refuses to come home, you can call the police and try to report her as a missing person. Depending on the facts, the police may or may not actively look for her. If they find her, they'll likely bring her home.

How old is she? What is she actually doing?

quincy

The title of your thread says your 16-year-old is a runaway and missing.

Has she been located?

Why is she running away? Boyfriend? Drugs? Some other reason?

What it is you can do about your daughter can depend on what it is that is driving her actions.

The title of your thread says your 16-year-old is a runaway and missing.

Has she been located?yes She s at her friends

Why is she running away? Boyfriend? Drugs? Some other reason?drugs. Yes a bad crowd of kids

What it is you can do about your daughter can depend on what it is that is driving her actions.
She has been doing this for a long time i found out she was ditching three to five consequenc s and she rebelled iv e called the police notable times iv e dealt with family services iv e tried reaching other parents tried counseling let overstay at multiple other houses

CdwJava

The police can do very little to deal with a recalcitrant child. They can bring a runaway minor back home, and they can enter a missing child into a nationwide database and maybe even look for her. But, they cannot charge her with a crime and take her into custody because she disobeys you. However, it is possible that Juvenile Probation or Child Services in your county can provide some assistance. Many counties have programs to assist parents of problem children, and even assist with providing access to court to address the problem of a chronic runaway. But, in my experience, these are never a panacea or a true fix to the problems.

Has she, you, or the whole family sought counseling to address these issues? If not, you should look into it.

Have you looked into other methods? Tough love. Does she have a phone? A computer? A television? A car? It is possible to start taking away things, removing the door from her room, removing clothes except for what she needs each day for school, etc. There are methods to help address the needs of a problem child. No one can guarantee what WILL work, but doing nothing - or doing the same thing - seems to have had little or no impact, so it may be time to change your game.

quincy

She has been doing this for a long time i found out she was ditching three to five consequenc s and she rebelled iv e called the police notable times iv e dealt with family services iv e tried reaching other parents tried counseling let overstay at multiple other houses
Have there been any changes in your family that might be reason for her rebellion? A divorce, a death, the breakup of a relationship, abuse or being bullied?

All kids rebel to a certain extent when they reach the teen years and this can be healthy. Teenagers need to assert some independence to become independent adults. But only some kids go to the extreme your daughter has.

Without knowing what is going on in your daughter's life, it is hard to suggest a solution.

Yes we have done family individual she didn't cooperate I've gotten her into school counseling looked into the. Hutton house iv e called family services i alowedr her to stay with family friend at least 8 place s but never last long she wants to come home or they send here back she doesn't have much left she has pretty much lost everything every time she take off she just wants to party and she s it not alowed to smoke cigarette e anything ela .She doesn't respond well to consequences that the problem I caught her ditching

She comes ho!e after sometimes weeks of being out running around I s. I spend those days tracking her on social media and calling friends and her friends parents she sleeps for a few days a few times she comes home all bruises up one time she came home was home maybe 20 minutes and she passed out had to call an ambulance

Have there been any changes in your family that might be reason for her rebellion? A divorce, a death, the breakup of a relationship, abuse or being bullied?

All kids rebel to a certain extent when they reach the teen years and this can be healthy. Teenagers need to assert some independence to become independent adults. But only some kids go to the extreme your daughter has.

Without knowing what is going on in your daughter's life, it is hard to suggest a solution.
Nope just tried give g her consequences

She s has a not so easy life in a recovering addict She s a domestic violence baby .She been angry her whole life iv e had her and my family in counseling her entire life when she was to younger they repaid she didn't need it now she won't cooperate. I lost them for two years iv e had them back now for three going on four years

quincy

So what do I do to keep her safe and off the streets drinking so much that she blacks out
Unfortunately, your options are limited.

Unless or until your daughter violates a law, police involvement will be minimal. They can pick her up and return her to your house - and she will run away again.

Although I am not entirely comfortable recommending "boot camps" for kids because I am not familiar enough with their operations, you might look into one for your daughter.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">