• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ryanair API terms and conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennyW

Ryanairs Terms and Conditions are saying the following:
You are not permitted to use this website (including the mobile app and any webpage and/or data that passes through the web domain at ryanair.com) its underlying computer programs (including application programming interfaces (“APIs”)), domain names, Uniform Resource Locators (“URLs”), databases, functions or its content other than for private, non-commercial purposes. Use of any automated system or software, whether operated by a third party or otherwise, to extract any data from this website for commercial purposes (“screen scraping”) is prohibited. Ryanair reserves its right to take such action as it considers necessary, including issuing legal proceedings without further notice, in relation to any unauthorised use of this website.​
Does this mean that I am not allowed to publish a free Android App that gives the use the possibility to search cheap flights based on some criteria with a book button that redirects to the official ryanair website?
When I read this: "other than for private, non-commercial purposes". I understand that all third party public services can't use their API, is that right? But I'm sure that are apps out there that use their API, are they all sort of "illegal"?
Source: https://www.ryanair.com/us/en/corporate/terms-of-use

quincy

Ryanairs Terms and Conditions are saying the following:
You are not permitted to use this website (including the mobile app and any webpage and/or data that passes through the web domain at ryanair.com) its underlying computer programs (including application programming interfaces (“APIs”)), domain names, Uniform Resource Locators (“URLls”), databases, functions or its content other than for private, non-commercial purposes. Use of any automated system or software, whether operated by a third party or otherwise, to extract any data from this website for commercial purposes (“screen scraping”) is prohibited. Ryanair reserves its right to take such action as it considers necessary, including issuing legal proceedings without further notice, in relation to any unauthorised use of this website.​
Does this mean that I am not allowed to publish a free Android App that gives the use the possibility to search cheap flights based on some criteria with a book button that redirects to the official ryanair website?
When I read this: "other than for private, non-commercial purposes". I understand that all third party public services can't use their API, is that right? But I'm sure that are apps out there that use their API, are they all sort of "illegal"?
You should direct your questions to Ryanairs. The laws of Ireland apply.

Last edited:

DennyW

Its nearly impossible to ask questions like those to Ryanair... I cant reach them by mail. Their chat service is like a joke... I already tried it multiple times...

quincy

Its nearly impossible to ask questions like those to Ryanair... I cant reach them by mail. Their chat service is like a joke... I already tried it multiple times...
I only skimmed through the terms of use but it appears you need consent for any non-personal use.

I would continue to try to contact Ryanair. There is an address given for communications by mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">