• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

s corp shares question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I currently am a co-owner in an s corp within the state of colorado. my superiors seem to feel they can revoke my shares upon the resignation of the company. I did not pay money for the shares they were given to me as compensation. This sounds illegal to me. by the way i do have an actual certificate for these shares and there is no mention of revocation upon resignation on the certificate, or any other unusual amendments on the certificate. nor can i find anything to this effect in the company bylaws. ps they already did this to one individual. thanks for your time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential