• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"S" Corporation or Sole Proprietorship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I recently retired and have benefits from my previous job. I am working part-time doing clerical work. Since I am not interested in benefits, would it be a tax advantage for me to form an "s" corporation or sole proprietorship -- I am interested in saving taxes and want to know if I can deduct mileage and any further education courses I might want to takevy doing either of these--please advise if this could be beneficial and approximately how much it would cost to do either. Thank you.



If you engage in a trade or business as a sole proprietor you can take the appropriate expenses off your taxes on Schedule C.

A Sub S is another approach, but after you get done paying the filing and accounting fees, the advanatages may be all gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential