• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?'s re: Florida Exemptions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blusafire

What is the name of your state? FL
I know the personal exemptions of $1000.00 is doubled for two filers. 2 auto's: one financed, still paying, second auto payed in full. Value: $600.00. There is a $1000.00 exemption for auto, Question: does the $1000 exemption cover the one that is paid in full? or is that exemption included in the doubled personal exemption? I guess what I am asking, is the auto exemption in addition to the personal exemptions?

mymymy

blusafire said:
What is the name of your state? FL
I know the personal exemptions of $1000.00 is doubled for two filers.

2 auto's: one financed, still paying, second auto payed in full. Value: $600.00. There is a $1000.00 exemption for auto,

***Are there 2 drivers in your home that need the vehicles? Are you going to reaffirm the loan on the car that's being financed?

Question: does the $1000 exemption cover the one that is paid in full? or is that exemption included in the doubled personal exemption? I guess what I am asking, is the auto exemption in addition to the personal exemptions?

*** Yes, in Florida, the 1000.00 auto exemption is in addition to the (2000.00 Joint Personal)
I hope this helps a little bit.. there are some great web resources on FL exemptions.. one is http://www.alperlaw.com/bankruptcy.html.. it's run by a lawyer and a lot pertains to Middle District.. but as far as state exemptions, it's pretty good

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">