• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sadden

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueblack

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? AL

My father passed last year and was married to a woman other than my mother. When my father passed she advised me and my siblings that our name was taken off the life insurance and after all the debts were paid we would split the remainings of the life insurance 4 ways which were by the way 4 life insurances. After 4 months had passed she had no recollection of the conversation and has dispersed to her own children and grandchildren. She has also received my father's retirement which he worked well over 30 years in the school system and was about to retire and has quit her job as a nurse. I am well aware that my father has taken by his own choice my sisters name off the life insurance for what reason we have no idea why but is there any advice that you could give me to have something coming to his real grandchildren?

Last edited:

ALawyer

It sounds as if you are out of luck. This happens all the time.

If he validly changed the life insurance beneficiaries, at a time he was mentally competent and free of what the law regards as "undue influence", it is her money to do with as she sees fit.

She is not bound by any oral promise to gift you the remainder UNLESS there was consideration for that promise -- such as you agreeing to do or not doing something and haming yourself as a result.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">