• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Safe visitation space

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcmomk

I am curious if spending nights in a basement room (suspect no egress) is a safe space for 3 school aged children to visit a parent.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I've spent TONS of nights in rooms with only one door and no other viable exit. Heck, just last week, I was on the 7th floor of a hotel...

LdiJ

I am curious if spending nights in a basement room (suspect no egress) is a safe space for 3 school aged children to visit a parent.
You would have to check with either the local housing authority in your municipality or perhaps the fire department to see whether or not that was permitted. It's a local issue.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
To visit, yes! Why are you attempting to stop visits with the other parent? How old are the 3 school aged children? You suspect it but can you prove it?

t74

Many basement rooms have windows. Have you seen the room?

Give them sleeping bags and have them request to have a slumber party in the living room.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">