• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Safety Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ralph Andersen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
In the town I live in there are several very dangerous items. I have not talked to town officials yet because it may cause trouble for me (this is a Small town). I have to use a power wheelchair because I was crushed from the waist down by a machine that was dropped by a crane at work 13 years ago.
Who should I contact about what I have found?
Some of the problems are a VERY bad side walk, bad curb cuts, an electric company breaker switch in the middle of the sidewalk about 4 fee off the ground, a telephone post in the center of the side walk so close to the edge that one slip and I would end up falling off the curb into traffic, unmarked 5 to 8 inch drop offs by a bank that was built about a year ago and etc.
HELP??

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
In the town I live in there are several very dangerous items. I have not talked to town officials yet because it may cause trouble for me (this is a Small town). I have to use a power wheelchair because I was crushed from the waist down by a machine that was dropped by a crane at work 13 years ago.
Who should I contact about what I have found?
Some of the problems are a VERY bad side walk, bad curb cuts, an electric company breaker switch in the middle of the sidewalk about 4 fee off the ground, a telephone post in the center of the side walk so close to the edge that one slip and I would end up falling off the curb into traffic, unmarked 5 to 8 inch drop offs by a bank that was built about a year ago and etc.
HELP??
**A: contact ACLU and ask for help on possible ADA violations.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why do you feel that contacting the town officials would cause you problems?

HomeGuru

Yes agreed. But somehow the OP does not want to stir up trouble.
It will be the case of the no squeaky wheel, no grease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">