• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salary and salary range

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lexi48

What is the name of your state? KS If you are on probation or your work is not up to satsifactory according to your boss, I know you can be denied a raise. My question is this, lets say they change the salary range for your position. If you were denied a raise at your last review and the minimum salary for your position was raised wouldn't they have to raise your salary to the minimum? I don't think it would be fair if you are there day in and day out working your heart out and make a few errors (nothing major) and your supervisor denied you a raise and then the raise the minimum and someone get hired in at the minimum and make more than you do.

Also, I would have no idea if you would know the answer to this question or not. When you lose your job, you file for unemployment. After a short period of time you get a letter telling what you will make per week. Now, I know they take the 4 previous quarters to determine what you will make. I know they use the gross amount but is it the total gross amount in each quarter or do they take out the pre-tax items and go by that gross payment. My salary has been the same the whole time. Each paycheck shows the exact same gross amount but each quarter they show on the letter is different. I do not think it was calculated correctly. In one case it was off by more than a $1000.00.

Thanks

lexi

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It would be nice of them to raise your salary if they change the range but barring a binding contract that says otherwise they are not legally required to.

I have no idea what formula your state uses for UI, sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">