• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sale of home 2 yrs ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ACarlisle

My husband and I sold a home in Minnesota 2 yrs ago. The buyers have called and want to know who our homeowners insurance was through at the time we owned it. They are going to replace the roof, and want to go back to our insurance to file a claim because there was a storm that caused alot oh hail damage to properties in 1998. We did file a claim and received $1600.00 to go towards replaceing the roof. The roof was 12 years old as it was so they pro rated the cost and only gave us the small portion. We did not have the other portion to replace the roof and used the money to replace a couple rotten windows and figured if and when the roof needed to be replaced we would just pay for it then. Well we sold it over a year later. They buyers had a inspection done and nothing was said about the roof needing to be replaced. Now the buyer wants my old insurance information to contact them. Do I by law have to furnish him this information? I feel like its my business and nobody else. The roof was not a problem at the time of sale and was even inspected by his inspector.

Thank you

ALawyer

Tell them that you have any and all rights to any amounts that may have been due under any homeowners coverage and that you will not be furniishing them the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">