• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sale of home in may 2002 -please comment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbal67

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

my lawyer filed today for my chapter 7...said we will hear from the court nextweek with a case number and 341 meeting date my ex-and I sold a home in may 2002 and split the proceeds as part of the divorce .....my bk lawyer said to bring the reciepts with us to the meeting to show where my portion of the proceeds went...I do have all the reciepts I will ofcourse bring them --nothing was frivilous in spending

Do you think I will have an issue with my bk and i thought they only go back one year in sale of a home ...but regardless luckily i saved my reciepts!

Ladynred

Well, typically they only go back 1 year, but they CAN go back as far as 3 years. Your lawyer is being cautious and rightfully so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">