• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sales commisions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

me1973

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IA
My employer, who is a canadian company, has now withheld our sales commisions for the 2nd month straight, first month was supposedly due to past due accts not collected on, however some were paid, etc. this month, i had not one acct past due and still received nothing. what are the laws for this? what ramifications are there for them?

pattytx

Then you have a contract issue, not a wage and hour issue. There is no salary or minimum wage requirement for outside salespersons.

me1973

i'm sorry didn't realize i posted in the wrong folder then...is there a way to move this instead of a second post?
yes, i have a contract that states what my portion of the sales would be, etc. thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You don't need to repost. The only answer they could give you in a Contracts Law forum would be the answer I'm going to give you now: the devil is in the details and we cannot read your contract from here - take it to an attorney in your state for review. Only someone who has read your contract in full can say what your recourse is; the answer will be in the contract itself, not in law. There is no across-the-board answer that applies to all contracts regardless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">