• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales Commission Recoverable Draw Repay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Raidomenos

What is the name of your state? CA

I accepted a technology sales position that offered a 3 month recoverable draw on top of base salary. Things might not work out and I may have to move on from the company. Does the company actually have recourse to force me to pay back that draw? I'll note that it was connected to payroll and taxes were taken from it (i.e. it wasn't treated as a loan in the strictest sense).

Thanks

HRZ

Inside sales or outside?

Nothing in CA is easy when it comes to recovery of wages paid ...and there are multiple on line commentaries about CA specifics and problems as to " recoverable draws "
..start reading .

PayrollHRGuy

I'm not sure how the outside sales exemption applies in this case. As we have no indication that the base salary isn't in keeping with the minimum wage.

HRZ

CA imposes even tougher requirements to be " outside " ...min of 50% must be time away from place of employment . Double check your situation

PayrollHRGuy

CA imposes even tougher requirements to be " outside " ...min of 50% must be time away from place of employment . Double check your situation
The Federal Regulations does much the same,

Customarily and Regularly

The phrase “customarily and regularly” means greater than occasional but less than constant; it includes work normally done every workweek but does not include isolated or one-time tasks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">