• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales information on privately owned biz..open to public?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nocturnix

What is the name of your state? I live in arizona...

I am trying to research the sucsess of the forum software market...I contacted Vbulletin asking them if they would share some sales information with me. I wanted to know the volume of sales for the past year broken down into months if possible. Suprise, Suprise, they denied my requests saying "Jelsoft Enterprises Limited is a privately owned UK based limited company", (therefore they dont have to disclose any information if they dont want to).

Are there any laws about this? In the US? What about the UK? Public owned, or Privately owned companies?

please in lamens terms, im only 19 and know very little about legal issues and legal terms.

-nocturnix

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">