• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales options on Commercial Real Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soulslayer

What is the name of your state? NC

I live in VA, but the property in question is in NC.

I inherited 1/3 ownership on a large piece of commercial property when my father died 2 years ago. I've been trying to sell it since the estate closed. I own a third with my aunt and uncle owning the rest.

We had it listed with a realtor for a year, but they only put it on their website, and didn't promote or even try to sell it. Now the year has come and gone and the property still sits there.

I want and need this property sold, but the other two owners keep dragging their feet.
I want to know...what are my legal options for this property? Since I own 1/3, can I take it into my own hands to advertise for sale? Can I split the land into thirds and make them buy me out at current market value?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">