• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sales tax that is not due

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bini

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Kansas
My Husband use to install carpet and we decided to open up a carpet store to sell carpet back in 1997. It did not work out. All of the customers that came in did not buy any carpet they just wanted us to install carpet. We basically decided to forget about the store and just install carpet. Now my husband does not even install carpet but works in the oil field and I have a factory job and we have been doing this for about 4 years now. Now 5 years later I am coming home from work and my husband calls me informing me that someone with a badge came into our bank and took all of our money out of our checking account to the tune of $3000. Not only that but I also on that same evening received a tax warrent that stated that the state of Kansas commanded the court in our county to levy upon and sell all of our personal property because we owed $10,000 in sales tax. I have been on the phone all day long trying to explain to the tax enforcement people that we do not owe any taxes because we never actually opened up the store. I do not know what else to do to straighten this out any and all help would be appreciated. Also we never received any letter or got a hearing they just came in and took all of our money and are trying to take everything we have worked so hard to get and believe me it isn't much but it is ours. or so I thought it was. Ii do not understand how they can do this. "PLEASE HELP"
Thank you for your time and all the help you can give would be extremely appeciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">