• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Savings Account?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sheenasmom2

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Does anyone know what is the maximum amount you can have in your Checking account when you file BK without them trying to take it? I obviously don't have any significant money but I have heard 150.00 up to 2000.00. I would have for them to come and try to take my paycheck money out before I can pay bills with it.

My dad is offering to give me about 1500.00 to help me with fixing my van and some home projects that HAVE to be done by winter. Even if I keep receipts what will they say about that money being deposited right after I filed?

Please help. Thanks

Ladynred

You need to time your filing for a time when you have the LEAST amount of money it the account. If you can't fit the amount in your account into your available exemptions, then the money could be forfeit. The Trustee's know that people have to pay bills, if there is any question, your checkbook should show what's outstanding against the balance IF you're asked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">