• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sCamco tactics, just for a chuckle...(long)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MellowCat

What is the name of your state? TX

After browsing this forum for quite some time (a year or more?), I find this scenario to be particularly hilarious. Just thought I'd share another Scamco story...

Our household recently became victims of overzealous collection calls. My 13 year old daughter has taken every one of their calls (except one my 19 yr old stepson took). They verbally abused her mercilessly. In what would otherwise be an infuriating situation, it is really quite amusing because she turns the abuse right right back on to them. They've called her a "little brat" and "just a child that doesn't know anything." They yell at her, order her to "go get your dad immediately", etc. She yells right back at these losers and says "I don't have to mind you, you scum" and "Even your voice is too ugly for me to listen too." click. (Ok, a little juvenile, but hey). I even found a script she wrote out of various insults to hurl at them next time they called. One guy that called got his supervisor on the phone (probably something like, "You've got to hear this kid!"). The supervisor managed to get her verbal abuse in, too. Not to worry, my daughter gave that supervisor a good "talking to." LOL.

I wondered a long time if it was CAMCO doing this. Sure enough, it was. This is for a debt from 1990 that my husband tried to settle with them 2 years after they stopped harrassing us the first time (we finally had the money to pay their original "settlement offer" yet they refused to accept it at that time). Now, 13 years later those freaks think they can collect. I answered the phone the last time it rang. The guy was talking so far out of his ass it was amusing. When he realized I was more knowlegable than most of the people he manages to harrass and scare, he became a stuttering, babbling idiot. He told me the debt was for an old credit card. Not even close, pal ('course I didn't tell him that).

Anyway, I asked for a validation letter and what they sent me is even more comical. It just states (in a very pseudo legal manner) that they purchased the debt from another company. The only thing it validates is that they are morons. It was my understanding that they had to pay big fines for this kind of behavior. At any rate, I'm not quaking in my boots over it, and from this board I now know the correct steps to take. I think I'll allow them to continue calling me a while. It gives my daughter the opportunity to release a bit of teen angst and it's kind of fun to watch her in action. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">