• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scared for the first time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubdidit361

What is the name of your state?
What is the name of your state?TX

Sorry it always post in random forum when I use phone I will try to move it now
First off, I'd like to thank the staff and members of this site. With direct help and indirect help the site has been a trove of information.

Now, Wednesday is my..mmm.. partners court date. Until now she's been positive and strong. Today at visitation she broke, and I broke. Her court appointed lawyers is lazy and really doesn't want to do any leg work. She wants to basically go the motions and get the defendant a jail sanction. On paper, it's her first mtr, and has been violated for not showing up for being in jail I'm another county on a previous charge.

Beyond The upfront paper work, since she picked up this charge she has done anywhere from 18-21 months of jail time and programs in-between both of these cases.(all together it's been 26 months) So if the judge chooses to she can grant back time and either give her time served or let her out on parole. Again I understand that's IF the judge chooses to do something like that.

The main issue is the court appointed lawyers isn't interested in gathering the records for the amount of time she's done to show the courts, right now it looks like she wants to have the court give her a sanction and start her probation now. Which, would be a God send (or not) to have her back with me so we can fix our situation. I want the judge to atleast be aware of 2 things. One, she didn't show up to her first probation date because they told her she would be arrested on the spot. Well next month comes along and she is arrested by that county. This county counted all those months she was locked up as her missing her dates!! The second thing I want the judge to know is that she has a lot of back time. BONUS! She's been out of trouble, drug free, employed, and a stable home for the past 3 years.
How can I get this info to the court if the.lawyer isn't going to even try to help us out.

quincy

What is the name of your state?
What is the name of your state?TX

Sorry it always post in random forum when I use phone I will try to move it now
First off, I'd like to thank the staff and members of this site. With direct help and indirect help the site has been a trove of information.

Now, Wednesday is my..mmm.. partners court date. Until now she's been positive and strong. Today at visitation she broke, and I broke. Her court appointed lawyers is lazy and really doesn't want to do any leg work. She wants to basically go the motions and get the defendant a jail sanction. On paper, it's her first mtr, and has been violated for not showing up for being in jail I'm another county on a previous charge.

Beyond The upfront paper work, since she picked up this charge she has done anywhere from 18-21 months of jail time and programs in-between both of these cases.(all together it's been 26 months) So if the judge chooses to she can grant back time and either give her time served or let her out on parole. Again I understand that's IF the judge chooses to do something like that.

The main issue is the court appointed lawyers isn't interested in gathering the records for the amount of time she's done to show the courts, right now it looks like she wants to have the court give her a sanction and start her probation now. Which, would be a God send (or not) to have her back with me so we can fix our situation. I want the judge to atleast be aware of 2 things. One, she didn't show up to her first probation date because they told her she would be arrested on the spot. Well next month comes along and she is arrested by that county. This county counted all those months she was locked up as her missing her dates!! The second thing I want the judge to know is that she has a lot of back time. BONUS! She's been out of trouble, drug free, employed, and a stable home for the past 3 years.
How can I get this info to the court if the.lawyer isn't going to even try to help us out.
This should be added to your other thread, Dubdidit. Thanks.

You and your partner probably should trust that her attorney knows what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">