• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scared of drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bojekki

Not sure what area of law to choose. Arizona. I ordered pentobarbital online for future suicide use. I was not suicidal. The police found out. They showed up, I cooperated with them. They took it. They also took me, to the nearest hospital for observation. The Trello healthcare employee did not like me, lied to me and about me on the paperwork. I spent 17 days total held against my will in 2 places. I took their "medicine" because I was told it determined when I could leave. I got out and have read the statutes. My basic rights were violated. I was not informed I could be "voluntary". That would have removed the need to put their poison in my body. Three "doctors" talked to me for about 10 minutes then wrote that I was psychotic, delusional, suicidal even though I never said anything to indicate any of those things. I was pleasant and cooperative the entire 17 days. I was court ordered. I just talked to my public defender. I asked for an appeal. What realistic rights do I have? I don't want to put their poison in my body. It drives me crazy. I am okay without it, no harm to others or myself. Confused a little, scared, and in need of defense. I am horrible at defending myself.

Just Blue

Not sure what area of law to choose. Arizona. I ordered pentobarbital online for future suicide use. I was not suicidal. The police found out. They showed up, I cooperated with them. They took it. They also took me, to the nearest hospital for observation. The Trello healthcare employee did not like me, lied to me and about me on the paperwork. I spent 17 days total held against my will in 2 places. I took their "medicine" because I was told it determined when I could leave. I got out and have read the statutes. My basic rights were violated. I was not informed I could be "voluntary". That would have removed the need to put their poison in my body. Three "doctors" talked to me for about 10 minutes then wrote that I was psychotic, delusional, suicidal even though I never said anything to indicate any of those things. I was pleasant and cooperative the entire 17 days. I was court ordered. I just talked to my public defender. I asked for an appeal. What realistic rights do I have? I don't want to put their poison in my body. It drives me crazy. I am okay without it, no harm to others or myself. Confused a little, scared, and in need of defense. I am horrible at defending myself.
You have an attorney. Ask him/her your questions.

quincy

Pentobarbital must be prescribed by a doctor.

I agree with Just Blue. You should rely on the advice and direction of your attorney.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You should discuss this with your attorney, and determine what your legal options are. It is possible that you lack grounds for appeal.

Purchasing something "for future suicide use" would mean that you were contemplating suicide. Therefore, it is not unreasonable that someone would conclude that you were suicidal. (Note: On the up side, your explanation was believed, in the sense that no one concluded that you were homicidal instead.)

It is hard to assess how one's behavior appears to others. However, perhaps there are other treatment plans that would be acceptable to the court - it is worth researching that, and whether such alternatives would be a better match.

FlyingRon

Even if one believed you were entirely sane, you're facing felony charges (which by your own admission you committed). You need to be communicating only with your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">