• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scared of getting fired by harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thorpy321

hey im a casual for a factory labour job and i was hired through a temp angency. Ive been working for this place for about 4 months now and I started to become friends with the gay guy at work (not gay myself). This was all fine untill he started to tell me how close he was with all the bosses at work and how he pretty much tells them who he wants to stay and who goes, aprantly getting his way.

Any way he called me one night and told me that if i dont wear these certain clothes that he found sexy he would have me out of place. He was a little drunk i think as well. Im frightend for my job and just agreed with him. His sending me messages which im saving about how i didnt wear my certain outfit etc but this is all the evidence i have as well as what only i heard him say to me.

So do i have a case?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
US Law Only! When asking a question, you must give the name of your state!

thorpy321

sorry my mistake im not even in the US im a big dumb Australian. Theres no sites for Australia that will give out legal advice like this and i just wanted some help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but US Laws are not the same as Australian laws. You may want to consult with a local employment law attorney in your area...

eerelations

Zigner is right, Australian employment laws are 'way different from American employment laws. That said, I do know a teeny weeny bit about Australian employment law, and that is, even if you're not a member of a formal union, this employer must, by law, have an employee grievance council (although it may be called something else). Find out (from HR perhaps) where the council is, and then take your issue to the council.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">