• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School fraudulently charging more

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpMe303

Didn't post issue...

I attended a subpar private college in 2015, and with the deduction of my grant and several thousand dollars in loans, the balance left to pay directly to the school was $1,215.00. I have paid just over $1,100, and they're telling me I still owe just over $2,900. I have the original signed documents, and I'm wondering who I contact about this, and if there's even anything I can do. Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I attended a subpar private college in 2015, and with the deduction of my grant and several thousand dollars in loans, the balance left to pay directly to the school was $1,215.00. I have paid just over $1,100, and they're telling me I still owe just over $2,900. I have the original signed documents, and I'm wondering who I contact about this, and if there's even anything I can do. Thank you.
Does your contract allow for late fees? What about interest? Take your contract out and READ it

HelpMe303

Fees/interest

I promise I wouldn't have come here unprepared lol
The contract states there are no other fees or interest UNLESS the account goes to a collection agency. I am still paying the school directly.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I promise I wouldn't have come here unprepared lol
The contract states there are no other fees or interest UNLESS the account goes to a collection agency. I am still paying the school directly.
Then you need to contact the school directly and ask what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">