• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school playground injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Woody Jones

My son is seven years old. He injured his wrist at school while swinging on the playground. After speaking with his teacher,she stated there was six certified teachers and two teachers aide out on the playground and no one witnessed my son's injury. I took my son to the emergency room and x-rays determined that he had a buckle fracture. I am asking does a teacher have a duty to properly supervise a student under Title I or II of the Texas Education Code? Thank You...

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Woody Jones:
My son is seven years old. He injured his wrist at school while swinging on the playground. After speaking with his teacher,she stated there was six certified teachers and two teachers aide out on the playground and no one witnessed my son's injury. I took my son to the emergency room and x-rays determined that he had a buckle fracture. I am asking does a teacher have a duty to properly supervise a student under Title I or II of the Texas Education Code? Thank You... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The adults in charge do in fact have a duty but the caveat is that they can not be expected to be at all places at all times. As you know, all it takes is a second or 2 and a child could get hurt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">