• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School trouble for internet activity at home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

ZX2_LE

Someone edited a picture of a girl that goes to my school and emailed it to a bunch of people. They blackend in her teeth and made her look ugly. The girl went to the principal and said I did it. He called me to the office and I insisted that I didnt do it, but he didnt beleive me. He said if I didnt figure out who did it the day we come back from Easter Vacation, Ill get 3 days ISS. My question is, If I did do it, first they would have to prove I did it. Then have to prove I sent the E-Mail from school or else they couldnt punish me. I mean our school doesnt regulate the internet, if somone from our school posts a picture and another student sees it, if they did it from their house they cant be held responsible. They didnt make the people check their email/webpages from school. Can someone give me some advice.

Thanks, James!

------------------
[email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZX2_LE:
Someone edited a picture of a girl that goes to my school and emailed it to a bunch of people. They blackend in her teeth and made her look ugly. The girl went to the principal and said I did it. He called me to the office and I insisted that I didnt do it, but he didnt beleive me. He said if I didnt figure out who did it the day we come back from Easter Vacation, Ill get 3 days ISS. My question is, If I did do it, first they would have to prove I did it. Then have to prove I sent the E-Mail from school or else they couldnt punish me. I mean our school doesnt regulate the internet, if somone from our school posts a picture and another student sees it, if they did it from their house they cant be held responsible. They didnt make the people check their email/webpages from school. Can someone give me some advice.

Thanks, James!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Tell your principal to go fly a kite. If he wants to punish you, tell him you want all proof, and to confront your accuser, and all other requirements of Due Process of Law. If he says no, then tell him you'll be talking with my attorney, and then you can explain it to a judge. You know, it's one thing to run a school, and it's a difficult job, but you don't go around punishing people for exercising their rights to FREE SPEECH. If the principle wants to play NAZI, then tell him the liberation troops are on their way !!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

T

Tracey

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:

My response:

Tell your principal to go fly a kite. If he wants to punish you, tell him you want all proof, and to confront your accuser, and all other requirements of Due Process of Law. If he says no, then tell him you'll be talking with my attorney, and then you can explain it to a judge. You know, it's one thing to run a school, and it's a difficult job, but you don't go around punishing people for exercising their rights to FREE SPEECH. If the principle wants to play NAZI, then tell him the liberation troops are on their way !!

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You GO boy!! My hero......

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracey:

You GO boy!! My hero......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tracey. It's nice to know that I'm somebody's "hero." Anyway, this is a great lesson in Civics for the boy; to stand up not only for his rights, but also for the 1st Amendment to the Constitution.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">