• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School wont pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zero18

What is the name of your state? Florida
My son was tripped in school and landed on a pencil which punctured his leg. He went to the nurse (who was a sub for the day). she put a band aid on it and sent him on his way. she made no contact to us. the next night when we went to give him a shower, my wife noticed puss comming from under the band aid. turns out it was very infected and we called the doctor. she instructed to goto the hospital right away. the hospital treated him and sent us a bill for $500. The school is refusing to pay the bill.
What are my options? can I sue the school for the bill? Can I sign a complaint against the nurse?
Thanks

BelizeBreeze

The school has no liability and the nurse did what she is ALLOWED to do under state law.

Your only course of action is against the parents of the child who tripped your son but even that is questionable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">