• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Zone Speed Trap?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

I have chosen to pity the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians who were attacked as they walked there way westbound across the river, north and south across the desert... Some of them are still living in concentration camps, no thanks to the "great and ongoing relief efforts of the United Nations"
They need to look at their brethren who betrayed them in order to try and drive the Israelis into the sea ... the Arab world spread promises and lies to the Palestinians, and the Palestinians paid the price for being made into puppets. They pay that price even today.

And to refer to the refugee camps (dismal as they might be) as "concentration camps" degrades the true nature of the death camps that existed only 3 short years earlier.

Ugh ... this is not the place for this discussion.

- Carl

occharge

They need to look at their brethren who betrayed them in order to try and drive the Israelis into the sea ... the Arab world spread promises and lies to the Palestinians, and the Palestinians paid the price for being made into puppets. They pay that price even today.
You know what Carl... Although I disagree with every comment you made in that paragraph, I am gonna look past it just like I have many times before in my life.

What I would like to commend you on, and more than thank you for, is the way you put together that two line paragraph that followed. But first, let me assure you that my referring to the refugee camps as concentration camps is one slip of the tongue that you can rest assured will NEVER happen again... I apologize for any inference or even a hint of an attempt to compare and contrast. Two different tragedies, neither is acceptable and yet only one is.:(

It was not, nor will it ever be my intention to degrade the true nature, or even the idea behind the camps that existed prior to the Israeli invasion of Palestine... However, to suggest that the pain and suffering that an entire nation was, is and continues to be subjected to as a result, direct or otherwise, to "the death camps that existed only 3 short years earlier" is a travesty...

That was not your point, nor your suggestion... I realize that. However, I could not help it but make that connection as I read your post...

No need to elaborate again as I do realize the place/time/topic issues here as well.

occharge

occharge -

Perhaps you missed the day when reading comprehension was taught. Our OP had a positive outcome to his case, but he did NOT "win".
No, Zigner... I was there... I assure you I was there. I was in that "accepting my mistakes" class that followed and the "not talking to much ****" class that followed it...

I think you missed the last two there... Something about your fern not feeling too well and you wanting to go home and cuddle with it. :eek:

Lighten up, dude... Just like Mister Darcey so eloquently put it... Accept your error in judgement and move on. You're actually drawing more attention to youtself this way!!!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No, Zigner... I was there... I assure you I was there. I was in that "accepting my mistakes" class that followed and the "not talking to much ****" class that followed it...

I think you missed the last two there... Something about your fern not feeling too well and you wanting to go home and cuddle with it. :eek:

Lighten up, dude... Just like Mister Darcey so eloquently put it... Accept your error in judgement and move on. You're actually drawing more attention to youtself this way!!!!!
(I just can't stay away)

One more time. OP did NOT win. The case was not decided on its merit. The case was dismissed, which IS a positive outcome for the OP, but it was not "won".
Is it clear now? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

occharge

(I just can't stay away)
Oh, I knew you'd be back!

For crying out loud, could someone lock this thread up, PLEASE. (Immediately after my post) LOL

One more time. OP did NOT win.
Right, he was handed a victory!!!

The case was not decided on its merit.
Assuming it had any merit to begin with! And yes, I did read and I do fully comprehend the part about the OP losing (yes I said "losing") a TBD... But my guess is "merit" in a TBD (where a trier of fact might or might not even read the declaration) differs drastically from "merit" in open court.

The case was dismissed
Possibly because the officer realized that the citation should not have been issued to begin with. So made the decision not to proceed by asking for a continuance (knowing it would not be allowed). I, and after losing a TBD, tried to get a continuance for the Trial De Novo and was told that once that date is set, it cannot be changed!

which IS a positive outcome for the OP
Yes, as positive as can be considering the circumstances.

but it was not "won".
Well, I think you can say that "It" was "won".. But I guess we can stick to

The OP "won"...:

Is it clear now?
Only you can answer that Zigner!

Last edited:

Zigner

Yes, lock it up so Occ can feel confident that his (incorrect) understanding of the legal field remains true.

occharge

Yes, lock it up so Occ can feel confident that his (incorrect) understanding of the legal field remains true.
May I take out one word from that sentence, I assure you that it will still mean the same exact thing! Here...

Yes, lock it up so Occ can feel confident that his understanding of the legal field remains true.
Thank you for finally, allbeit indirecty, confirming that your understanding, was untrue!!!

Zigner

May I take out one word from that sentence, I assure you that it will still mean the same exact thing! Here...

Thank you for finally, allbeit indirecty, confirming that your understanding, was untrue!!!
You forgot "neener neener" :rolleyes:

JIMinCA

Wow... I go on vacation for a couple of weeks and I come back to see this?!?! How hilarious!! Zigner has a long reputation of unilatterally claiming guilt for OPs and he is now so wrapped around the axle that he can't bear to say that the OP won this case. Very typical.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">