• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scleroderma & stress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunshine529

Stress flares my disease which was in remission..
tenants below me in apartment harrassing me..my disease has now started the scarring of lungs and heart which is shortining my life..on SSI & can not really move lived here peacefully till they moved here landlord only talks to them after all my complaints.anyone ever deal wit this? Or know what I can do..no use filing harrassment ..cops said won't really help & they will just continue Help I feel sick now all the time and probably will get worse..no cure for sclero...

L

lars coltrane

What kind of harrassment are you talking about. Making noise at night or is it something else?

S

sunshine529

No..I can deal with that..I'm talking about they write me notes about petty things..ex opening mini blinds in hallway..color of my door mat..they removed strings & rod so could not open after they both jumped at me when I was going out to walk my dog ..He went to hit me .Screaming & using the F word alot..these people do a daily thing to annoy me..very strssfull & I worry about walkig dog at night as I have to pass there door.i live alone

L

lars coltrane

I do not know alot about these kind of cases, so if anyone else knows, help out too.

My thoughts are to send letters to the tenants describing the offending actions and send a copy to your landlord. The purpose of the letter is to put everyone on notice; it really won't accomplish more than that. But, when the conduct continues, you send another letter, with a copy to the landlord again. You should do this a third time.

The idea is that if the conduct continues, you will seek the assistance of a lawyer who may file a claim against the tenant and/or landlord.

I would also recommend meeting with local counsel now and setting up a game plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">