• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scram Bracelet False Tamper Alert

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RoseDock

What is the name of your state? PA

I am on probation and had a false tamper alert that began at 9:46 AM two while I was in a Lyft on my way to the office. I exited the Lyft at 9:48 AM.

The device went back on-line at 11:27 PM that evening about the time I would have gotten into my pajamas.

The following day I had a Urine test for Alcohol which I passed. I did not tamper with the SCRAM device. I didn't even know

how it worked. I don't know what occurred but I am facing some tough penalties if I cant prove that it was a device failure or a piece of clothing got stuck. Does anyone how these Scram devices can fail?

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Does anyone how these Scram devices can fail?
If the probation office makes an issue of this, see a lawyer familiar with the SCRAM devices. You need to work with someone who knows how the technology works and can help form a defense for you to show that the alert was inaccurate.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The question was not there at the time I asked for one. The post has been edited since. Believe me, I read it three times looking for one. And "how can a device fail?" may be a question but it is still not a LEGAL question. Which is what I was inquiring about.

Okay?

RoseDock

The question was not there at the time I asked for one. The post has been edited since. Believe me, I read it three times looking for one. And "how can a device fail?" may be a question but it is still not a LEGAL question. Which is what I was inquiring about.

Okay?
Hi I am new to this so I apologize if my question wasn’t stated correctly. At this time I believe finding a lawyer that is familiar with how the scram bracelet works and what possible explanations there might be. For example I have read that scram should be able to identify what type of material caused the obstruction. If anyone can point me in a direction of scram expert.

Just Blue

Hi I am new to this so I apologize if my question wasn’t stated correctly. At this time I believe finding a lawyer that is familiar with how the scram bracelet works and what possible explanations there might be. For example I have read that scram should be able to identify what type of material caused the obstruction. If anyone can point me in a direction of scram expert.
We don't do referrals here. You can call your state bar assoc. and ask for an attorney that may specialize in SCRAM.

quincy

You will want the manufacturer of the SCRAM bracelet to explain how it works.

Here is a (not-easy-reading) case to review on SCRAM bracelets and recording of violations:
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/4481279/com-v-manzi-k/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">