• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

destroyer

What is the name of your state? ky

I was on vacation and a search warrant was issued the local sherrif's department took my computer, some cd's, a black brief case, that was listed on the warrant when i got home the breif case was gone but the police don't have it . They warrent also has the wrong zip code. this was on may 20/02

I got a letter from the U.S. department of justice saying they got an investagative report from the fbi they believe they have enough evidence to initiate criminal charges. in an attempt to expedite proceeding have my attorney contact their office, he sent a letter but still no responce can we just get my computer back and forget this or is there a time limit on how long they have to chare me?

thanks destroyer

Last edited:

racer72

They have one year to bring charges against you. Certain crimes have no statute of limitations. It all depends on what you are going to be charged with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">