• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Search Warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tammy36

My brother was arrested at someone else's house, the law inforcement had to get search warrant for that house and at same time got a search warrant for the place my brother was staying, I need to know if they were supose to give him his warrant, inform him, are leave it at the place that they searched?
None of the above was done, he received it the next morning in jail.
In the state of Miss.

[This message has been edited by tammy36 (edited June 22, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If the police have a warrant to the places they searched and arrested him in, and actually told him they had a warrant, there is not much he can argue.

The only thing could be that the warrants were issued after they searched (ie. bad faith fraud on the police) or the places/addresses searched were wrong.

The smart thing to do is before any officer comes in/after they knock and announce themselves, is to ask to see a warrant and a badge number.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">