• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sears auto did not install my tires properly and failed to fix the problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anoopkmr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Hello,

I had got new tires installed on my car last year from Sears Auto in Nashua, NH. When they installed it they had forgotten to assemble is properly and I heard that the wheel was making a noise at high speeds. I pulled over to find out that they did not fasten the lug nuts and wheel was still loose. I called the center and they told me that they also have a part on their floor and that it might be to my car.
Since I did not want to drive an unsafe car I asked them to send the part to a closer Sears. At the second location location they claimed that the part doesn't belong to my car. Following that, after I talked to the Sears people, they paid to get my car checked at Firestone so that I know its safe to drive. I have a BBB complaint and response to that effect.
After more than one year today, when I went to get a puncture fixed at the first Sears location (because I also had bought a service plan earlier) they tell me that the missing part does belong to my car and it is critical to the safety of the car all this while. When they delivered the part to the other location they sent only one part instead of two and now I waiting for them to order that and get my car fixed.I have driven the car 10,000 miles since and risked every one and myself in the process for an entire year.

I want to find out if I have a case and hold these guys responsible. If they do respond I don't know what kind of compensation I can demand, although I know that I want them to pay.

Thanks for any information or advice, I am completely unaware of such proceedings and any help will be greatly appreciated.

justalayman

Your compensation would be fixing whatever they screwed up. If it caused damage by not installing the part, your damages would include some measure of compensation for whatever was damagedd. You don't get anything for what might have happened.

So, what is this part they didn't put back on your car?

I want to find out if I have a case and hold these guys responsible. If they do respond I don't know what kind of compensation I can demand, although I know that I want them to pay.
They are responsible to get your car back into safe working order. Additionally, they would be responsible for any damage that occurred as a result of their negligent re-assembly of your car's wheels. However, you probably cannot hold Sears responsible for damages that did not actually occur.

anoopkmr

It was a ring that helps fasten the rims to the axle. I seemed like an over-sized washer for the wheel to sit on. The guys showed me that the wheels move on the axle if the ring was not place first. It had been running that way for a year now.

Thanks for you reply.

That's good to know, I am expecting a call from Sears tomorrow and I need to know what to say.

Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">