• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sears credit card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

p_rally

What is the name of your state? Iowa
I am being pursued by NCO Portfolio Management for a Sears credit card. This debt is at least 11 yrs old. I have been checking my credit report, cleaning up any old debt. There is nothing on there about this debt to prove the date of delinquency. This company is trying to enter a judgement for $2500. They state it's from May 11, 1999, but I think it was a year or two before that I had used the card. I need to enter a plea now for this debt and understand I may be able to use the SOL in this, which I think is 5 yrs for Iowa. I am not sure where to go from here, how to enter in the plea, and what I do after that. They just started calling me day and night, mailing letters, and had this action for money judgement delivered to my house, but I didn't even have to sign for it. Attached to that was a letter saying this matter can still be resolved without court intervention, if I call their office.
I don't deny that I used this credit card twice, and I did try to pay on it, but I was young and stupid, and never finished. But this is the first I heard of it in many, many years and until now, completely forgot about it. What are my options with this, and do I have any hope filing on SOL?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">