• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Second or Third DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsrmom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Maryland

My husband just had his second or third DUI. He can remember the first was about 5 years ago and his license was revoked. Last night he got drunk and decided to go to 7-11 while I was asleep. The officer was kind enough to drive him home but wrote him 7 tickets. 1 for doing 50 in a 30. 1 for driving on a revoked. and 5 for variations of driving under the influence, alcohol, alcohol per say, etc. Aside from finding a good lawyer what should we do next? And what should we expect?

seniorjudge

Q: Aside from finding a good lawyer what should we do next?

A: Sell your cars before you kill someone and then take the bus to the nearest Alcoholic Anonymous meeting.

dsrmom

I don't drink at all and I have 3 kids and work full time. I am in alonon. My husband took the car while I was sleeping. I'm pretty infuriated at him myself and I already sold his car 5 years ago, when the first one I knew about happened. Last night was when he told me he thought he may have had one before that one. I sent him to the hospital by ambulance a few weeks earlier and they said he had nearly drank himself to death that night (no driving involved). But they wouldn't keep him. Aside from a divorce attorney, any advice.

HomeGuru

dsrmom said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Maryland

My husband just had his second or third DUI. He can remember the first was about 5 years ago and his license was revoked. Last night he got drunk and decided to go to 7-11 while I was asleep. The officer was kind enough to drive him home but wrote him 7 tickets. 1 for doing 50 in a 30. 1 for driving on a revoked. and 5 for variations of driving under the influence, alcohol, alcohol per say, etc. Aside from finding a good lawyer what should we do next? And what should we expect?

**A: you should expect to be looking in the mirror tomorrow and saying to yourself "why did I marry this idiot?"

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

You're doing the right thing being in Al-Anon. Keep going, daily if you have to. Find a sponsor and interact with others like yourself. You'll find many friends there who can totally relate. I think you should ask your man to stop driving, and then you should ask the judge to simply take away his driving priviledge. It's harsh and will be a hardship for you, yes. But that's nothing compared to what happens if he kills someone next time. That's pretty much it, if you want to continue living with him.

I know someone in the same situation, but it's the wife who continues getting DUI and accidents. He refused to leave her, so he asked the judge to revoke her license for life. Now he drives her around, or she relies on friends. Crazy, but this is your reality.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">