• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Second Parent Adoption in New Jersey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

Google, 'termination of parental rights' and then Google "step-parent adoption New Jersey"... you should find all the information there.

nextwife

What exaxtly do you mean by "second parent"?

ALL adoptions result in a "second parent" becoming the legal parent after the bioparent gives up their rights. I'm the Second Mom and hubby is the Second dad. The first mom and the first dad gave up the baby to the orphanage.

Last edited:

nextwife

tigger22472 said:
Second parent is generally considered to be step-parent in legal terms
Why? What makes a Step MORE "second" than any other adoptive parent who is second after the bioparent?

Honestly, I'm on three adoptive weblists, communicate daily with adoptive parents who have done all sorts of adoptions - orphanage, foster, kinship, domestic, international, etc. and not one reference in seven years on any adoption list to a "second parent".

tigger22472

nextwife said:
Why? What makes a Step MORE "second" than any other adoptive parent who is second after the bioparent?

Honestly, I'm on three adoptive weblists, communicate daily with adoptive parents who have done all sorts of adoptions - orphanage, foster, kinship, domestic, international, etc. and not one reference in seven years on any adoption list to a "second parent".

I've found it while search quite a bit actually.

AND I agree on the wording.. just not in charge of it..LOL

NewJerseyGirl

For same sex couples, does NJ recognize and grant domestic partner adoptive parent rights by way of a "Second Parent Adoption", i.e., without the biological mother giving up her rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">