• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SecondTime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mz563908

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I am looking for information on second time charge for DUI with ARD first time (.13bac) and a charge of .166bc second time. What is the time frame on events, sentencing, costs, fines, different ways the 90 days can be served, and any other information that would be useful? I was pulled over for going 55mph in a 45mph. This is my second charge of DUI and no accidents were involved in either case. First time in June of 2006 and I waived trial and served ARD program.

paguy88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I am looking for information on second time charge for DUI with ARD first time (.13bac) and a charge of .166bc second time. What is the time frame on events, sentencing, costs, fines, different ways the 90 days can be served, and any other information that would be useful? I was pulled over for going 55mph in a 45mph. This is my second charge of DUI and no accidents were involved in either case. First time in June of 2006 and I waived trial and served ARD program.
you can not do ARD again since it has not been 10 years since the first DUI charge.

you maybe be able to get house arrest. you will have to pay for that if the judge approves.

The court will take your DL for 12 months and you will get another 12 months from penndot.
so in reality you are looking at 2 years with no DL. you maybe be able to get a hardship DL as well..

of course this is all pending you get convited.

foot

The court will take your DL for 12 months and you will get another 12 months from penndot.
so in reality you are looking at 2 years with no DL. you maybe be able to get a hardship DL as well..
Are you sure about that? I thought for tier 3 it was an 18 month suspension?

Anyway...

mz,
I'm going through the same thing as you right now, except that I am tier 2. I just had my pre-trial conference. I gave a guilty plea in exchange for a pretty good deal in my opinion. But I did discuss tier 3 with several lawyers as I did not know what my BAC would be. From what they were telling me, it would be something like serving 15 weekends in jail, then the remaining 60 days can be done on house arrest. I am charged in Delaware County, I'd imagine each county handles things in their own way. As far as time frame, i was pulled over at the end of June, prelim hearing was the end of august, pretrial conference was middle of October (which is when all the punishments are supposed to hit, but my sentencing was deferred til January)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">