• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Section 8 fraud or nepotism?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maaejbc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? To start with I live in Illinois, please follow me here and I will try my best to get out all the info within one post.

ok, it starts with a charitable, non profit organization. They provide a lot of wonderful services in our community even to my house before we bought it so the business itself isnt the problem, just the housing director I will call her.

There are two apartment houses (duplexes) that they own (among others) that are situated right near me, one being just next door, built right on my property line, just a driveways width from my house ...... the other is right across the street from me.

These are some of the trashiest people I have ever come across in my life, I have never met anyone with so little respect for anyone or anything(including themselves and their things), they have a complete and total disreguard for me in particular, we think because I refuse to back down to them.

So anyway as you can imagine, we would like them to move somewhere else, problem is theyre welfare rats not a job in the whole bunch (and not trying either) no downturned economy to be blamed, no pity to be felt when tween five adults there isnt a job to be had in five years, they simply dont want one and have no need to have one not when auntie is the housing director for some charity housing.

The apartments are supposed to be emergercy housing for 3-6 months, this one next to me has been there for four years, the one across the street was there when we bought the house 5 1/2 years ago. In fact, as far as I know, that apartments section 8 is still in their deceased mothers name which I know for fact is fraud. I do not have proof that any of them recieve section 8, rental assistence whatever its called but everyone knows they get it.

The building next to me, one side is occupied as I mentioned and the other they are fixing up for yet another family member, meanwhile turning people down for it because its unihabitable .... who do you suppose will be at the top of the list for it when its done?

I know I drifted off my point but I am really at my wits end, I'm not going into what they do to drive me so nuts simply because thats just slander in my opinion. lets just say, your wives and mothers would be horrified at the things these "ladies" call me and no decent tax paying citizen would stand for what they do to my family and my house (I'm an idiot I know)

So, ok did it again, the question remains unasked directly .. in short its "is it legal for her to ONLY rent to her family, no one else and for her organization to recieve section 8 payments" I know its morally wrong of her but is it against the law?

Im not looking for someone to sue for discrimation here i'm trying desperately for a way to get these things kicked out! please there has to be a way to end the daily misery they cause not just me but everyone in the neighborhood

1 last thing, I apologize for the rambling

Thank you all,

Just a girl tryin to keep a place to grow some flowers and kids

tranquility

The rambling and saying things you want to say with no purpose, defeats the forum. No one wants to read rubbish. Get rid of the rubbish.

But, if your question is, can a landowner rent only to their relatives, the answer is yes.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wow, it changed that much in 5-1/2 years? Or did you simply fail to open your eyes and look around the neighborhood when you moved in?

Your post offends me...

maaejbc

Please don't waste your time to attack me personally, I'm poor, I apologize for that. I was able due to the good grace of God to purchase a house in a neighborhood I knew nothing about and seemed very nice in the dead of winter with no one outside.

I'm sure if I were rich and cunning like you, I would be able to afford a nice house in a nice neighborhood and move out immediately if two houses in the neighborhood offended me.

Again, I'm poor ... you've heard of us before right? the working poor, hanging on by a thread? Oh thread thats right, i'm "rambling" without making a point.

To the two of you, thanks for nothing, youre very mean and i imagine unhappy people and I hope that anyone/everyone else who bothers to read my first post will 1 ACTUALLY READ IT BEFORE COMMENTING and 2 just go ahead and keep your mean comments to yourselves, all I have to do is step out of my house for that thank you though.

if you cant say anything nice ****************************......

divona2000

after removing the extra...

Illinois
...a charitable, non profit organization...the business itself isnt the problem, just the housing director...

...There are two apartment houses (duplexes) that they own (among others)

...five adults there isnt a job to be had in five years...no need to have one not when auntie is the housing director for some charity housing...

...The apartments are supposed to be emergercy housing for 3-6 months, this one next to me has been there for four years, the one across the street was there when we bought the house 5 1/2 years ago...

...as far as I know, that apartments section 8 is still in their deceased mothers name...

..."is it legal for her to ONLY rent to her family, no one else and for her organization to recieve section 8 payments"...
maaejbc, what charitable, non profit organization is this?
Does the organitation actually own these homes, or does 'auntie'? What name is on the deed.

maaejbc

Anymore questions? Cant promise that I can/will answer them but I will sure give it a try.

Last edited:

tranquility

I'd remove the identifying information from your post. While they may never find out about it, by including it you may have put yourself on the line for a defamation lawsuit by the organization, the aunt and any of the people you've alluded to in your postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">