• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Securities class action settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

held shares of a public equity security several years ago. Company went bankrupt. Class action lawsuit ensued. There was a settlement recently. I never received any notifications whatsoever regarding the class action or the settlement. Was recently informed by another investor about the settlement, and that he had just received a check. I reached out to settlement contact info seeking my check/proceeds, but they say I never signed up. Not sure how I could sign up if I never received communication from them. Is there any way to have rights to settlement after the fact? Or am I just out of luck because I have moved and didn’t get the communications regarding the class action? Note that I have always updated my brokerage address timely, I use mail forwarding whenever I move, etc. I’m guessing the class action group has my oldest address on file so it would never get mail forwarded to me at a certain point and they wouldn’t keep up with address changes via brokerage. Is there anything I can do here?

quincy

held shares of a public equity security several years ago. Company went bankrupt. Class action lawsuit ensued. There was a settlement recently. I never received any notifications whatsoever regarding the class action or the settlement. Was recently informed by another investor about the settlement, and that he had just received a check. I reached out to settlement contact info seeking my check/proceeds, but they say I never signed up. Not sure how I could sign up if I never received communication from them. Is there any way to have rights to settlement after the fact? Or am I just out of luck because I have moved and didn’t get the communications regarding the class action? Note that I have always updated my brokerage address timely, I use mail forwarding whenever I move, etc. I’m guessing the class action group has my oldest address on file so it would never get mail forwarded to me at a certain point and they wouldn’t keep up with address changes via brokerage. Is there anything I can do here?
Are you in the U.S?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">