• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Clearance PR for a TS Revoked?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gdvc

Hello,

I just finished going through my 5 yr PR for my TS/SSBI.

During that period my wife and I were separated for about 7-8 months in 2008 which created a lot of finical problems for us. We have since reconciled and are working to pay everything off but things are still behind.

The biggest factor was our mortgage on the primary residence which fell behind about 12k. That is in the process of being modified which will forgive the past do amount and lower our payment. We are already in the trial payment stage for that and it will be completed in December. The HOA for the house also fell behind about 3700 and a judgment was issued for that but again we pay an extra 200 month toward that which will be paid off in Jan of 2011. The one other item that fell behind was a CC that was used to be house hold items for about 5k which we also pay on monthly.

I listed everything on my SF 86 and during my interview I explained everything he said the most important thing is that I'm working to pay it back he also asked how much money I have left over every month after paying everything which is about 1k.

My question is should I expect my clearance to get revoked or maybe issued with a letter of caution? This is very important to me as I'm also in the reserves.

Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

xylene

Your financial issues are not great, but other people have it worse.

I would be more worried about the strife.

Make absolutely sure that you ALONE can get by financially.

st-kitts

While finances are very important, keep in mind the government uses a whole person concept in the decision to grant / deny clearances.

No one can truthfully answer your question, but I wouldn't lose sleep on this one. Keep up those payment plans...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">