• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lulubird

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I am embarrassed to state this. I was terminated by a defense company a little over a year ago for time card "fraud". Yes, I charged time that I was not there to "work" charge numbers. I had been promoted from one department to another and had to wait a two week period before the transfer. I ran company errands and some of my own to fill up the time as my (the then current) job was winding down and there was not a lot to do.

My boss seemed to be an agreement, he knew I was leaving my desk for errands and waved me on... however, when my co-worker (who had also applied for the promotion job and I realized later that she was disgruntled) turned me in for leaving the building, my boss did not stand behind me to the ethics committee. I was so upset and wrote an apology letter and tried to tell the committee my side but they said "fraud is fraud" and they terminated me.

My question is, how can I get this off my employment record? What will happen if I get another job that requires a security clearance? The HR gal told me that I would never be able to get a security clearance again and I am still sick about the whole thing. Any advice? Do I need to see and pay for a local attorney? Help??? Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">