• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

security gate locks me out of my complex and management is unhelpful.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrp5117

oh, come on. are you dumb?

http://www.redrover.org/press-release/hot-cars-deadly-dogs-even-windows-rolled-down
And if I ever decide to use my dog to gain access to the security gate, I will keep this in mind.;)

In any event, it was just as hot when I took my card to the office, where they checked it and said it was fine.

justalayman

The more I think about this, the more I believe this to be a radical solution to my problem. If they see the equipment fail, then they can't say I am to blame, and it may influence them to make the necessary changes. Thanks again
actually seeing it fail does not remove you as being suspect as the cause. It just means the gate system failed. Unless you have a magic phone, it is not going to diagnose why it failed. If it is your key card, it will appear no different than if a motor burned out or the reader portion of the system failed or Jack Bauer hacked into the system and locked you out.

all they will see is it doesn't open.

if they denied your claims it malfunction, then by all means, record it for them.

other than that simply documenting dates and times of failures should be adequate.

I'm not real sure you understand what radical means though but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means.

other wise perhaps you could use a cell phones video feature and record several of these denied entrys and then burn them to a disc and send to your LL a letter with a copy of that disc that tells them this video is what you will be using in court when you sue them so you can show the court what your doing when you enter and the result.QUOTE]

there has not been several failures yet farmerj. So far he is at a couple.

justalayman

And if I ever decide to use my dog to gain access to the security gate, I will keep this in mind.;)

In any event, it was just as hot when I took my card to the office, where they checked it and said it was fine.
it was 120 degrees in the office?

you are either a troll or incapable of understanding much of anything. I've wasted enough time on you.enjoy your key card and all the joys it brings you.

STEPHAN

Dear neighbor,

I would like to put a little more stress on documentation.

Write down exactly when this happened. A tech might be able to debug the system.

Also, use your cell phone to make a video.

And send a registered letter to the LL. You will be able to show that the letter was send and also these letters are taken much more serious.

Stephan
Clearwater, FL

mrp5117

actually seeing it fail does not remove you as being suspect as the cause. It just means the gate system failed. Unless you have a magic phone, it is not going to diagnose why it failed. If it is your key card, it will appear no different than if a motor burned out or the reader portion of the system failed or Jack Bauer hacked into the system and locked you out.

all they will see is it doesn't open.

if they denied your claims it malfunction, then by all means, record it for them.

other than that simply documenting dates and times of failures should be adequate.

I'm not real sure you understand what radical means though but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means.

other wise perhaps you could use a cell phones video feature and record several of these denied entrys and then burn them to a disc and send to your LL a letter with a copy of that disc that tells them this video is what you will be using in court when you sue them so you can show the court what your doing when you enter and the result.QUOTE]

there has not been several failures yet farmerj. So far he is at a couple.
"Radical" in that it is a marked departure to the advice I had received prior to that.
Each time I was denied I made several attempts to use the card, I believe that each time represents one failure.
I am not interested in diagnosing why it failed. I simply want it to work reliably so I can get home.
From my original post: "I have voiced my concerns to the property management, and they are unhelpful. They say the gate works, which it clearly does not"

mrp5117

it was 120 degrees in the office?

you are either a troll or incapable of understanding much of anything. I've wasted enough time on you.enjoy your key card and all the joys it brings you.
The card was in the car at 2 in the afternoon, brainiac, which is when I went to the office.
You have difficulty in comprehension, don't you?
You have a lot of nerve calling someone else a troll, or questioning others' understanding, when the one with the problem is obviously yourself.
Good riddance to you, oh useless one

mrp5117

Dear neighbor,

I would like to put a little more stress on documentation.

Write down exactly when this happened. A tech might be able to debug the system.

Also, use your cell phone to make a video.

And send a registered letter to the LL. You will be able to show that the letter was send and also these letters are taken much more serious.

Stephan
Clearwater, FL
Thank you Stephan, that is what I intend.

justalayman

The card was in the car at 2 in the afternoon, brainiac, which is when I went to the office.
and it wasn't in the car when you got out of the car, walked into the office, waited for somebody to listen to you whine, while you waited while they contemplated telling you to just go away but figured no, I will send the problem over to the tech guy who can BS the guy for a few minutes and appease him and then for the tech to show up and listen to your whining and then taking the card that has now been cooling for who knows how long in the air conditioned office and then takes it to his air conditioned workshop, taking who knows how long and finally does some basic test of the card showing at that time it appeared to be working, or at least that is what they told you.

Ok, what you were saying about the temps?

and remember, it works most of the time so maybe it was 5 degrees cooler when they checked it than when you experienced failures.

I'm starting to think you just don't know how to operate the thing.

mrp5117

and it wasn't in the car when you got out of the car, walked into the office, waited for somebody to listen to you whine, while you waited while they contemplated telling you to just go away but figured no, I will send the problem over to the tech guy who can BS the guy for a few minutes and appease him and then for the tech to show up and listen to your whining and then taking the card that has now been cooling for who knows how long in the air conditioned office and then takes it to his air conditioned workshop, taking who knows how long and finally does some basic test of the card showing at that time it appeared to be working, or at least that is what they told you.

Ok, what you were saying about the temps?

and remember, it works most of the time so maybe it was 5 degrees cooler when they checked it than when you experienced failures.

I'm starting to think you just don't know how to operate the thing.
Right, and when I was driving the car, at night, with the air conditioner on, for the 20 minute drive each way to my wife's place of employment, and then the card wasn't working, it was 120 degrees?

And where did I say it works most of the time? Anywhere in any of my posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

justalayman

mrp5117;3268711]Right, and when I was driving the car, at night, with the air conditioner on, for the 20 minute drive each way to my wife's place of employment, and then the card wasn't working, it was 120 degrees?
I don't know, was it?

maybe it is negatively affect by cold and the air conditioner caused the problem.

I'm still thinking it is operator error though. You sound like a guy that cannot figure out how to use a key card properly.

And where did I say it works most of the time? Anywhere in any of my posts
unless you have only used it 4 times in the previous 2 years, it has worked most of the time. Ya see, you say it failed twice. If it worked 3 times in 2 years, it worked most of the time. Have you used it less than 5 times in 2 years?

mrp5117

I don't know, was it?

maybe it is negatively affect by cold and the air conditioner caused the problem.

I'm still thinking it is operator error though. You sound like a guy that cannot figure out how to use a key card properly.

unless you have only used it 4 times in the previous 2 years, it has worked most of the time. Ya see, you say it failed twice. If it worked 3 times in 2 years, it worked most of the time. Have you used it less than 5 times in 2 years?

thank you for recognizing that fact.
See, your problem is with basic reading comprehension. From my original post with emphasis, so you don't miss anything:

There is a security gate at the entrance which has not worked properly in the 2 years I have lived here (not at all in the first year and a half). Over the past 6 months or so they have been trying to fix the gate without any real success.
On a couple of occasions, I have returned home to find the gate closed and unresponsive to my keycard.

For your information, I have in fact, used the keycard four times. The rest of the time the gate was wide open to all.

The community puts up notices saying the gate has been fixed, then nothing. A week later, another notice, still nothing. Then the gate would work for a day, then two months of no gate. Are you finally starting to get the picture? If the gate worked consistently, with just a couple of what you call "glitches", that would be one thing. You however, made the assumption despite my post, that the gate worked flawlessly all the time. Nothing could be further from the truth. Didn't they teach you "never assume" in Layman school?

mrp5117

Actually, thanks to FarmerJ and a couple others, I now have a firm idea of what I intend to do. What do ya know? Sort thru all the useless garbage the bulk of you would-be attorneys waste my time providing, and there is actual insight to be gained. Just gotta separate the wheat from the chaff.

justalayman

See, your problem is with basic reading comprehension. From my original post with emphasis, so you don't miss anything:

There is a security gate at the entrance which has not worked properly in the 2 years I have lived here (not at all in the first year and a half). Over the past 6 months or so they have been trying to fix the gate without any real success.
On a couple of occasions, I have returned home to find the gate closed and unresponsive to my keycard.
so what is your complaint; the gate doesn't work or your card didn't work twice in 2 years? Care to pin it down a bit because although they both involve the gate, the remedy for either may be entirely different. We haven't event explored if they are even required to continue the use of the gate.

but regardless, I'm still thinking operator error. You sound like a guy that would have trouble figuring out how to operate the security system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">