• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Interest?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Inky35

What is the name of your state? WA

My husband and I bought some furniture back in Nov. 01, and the first payment is not due until Jan. 03. None of the papers that we signed said anything about "security Interest". I received an invoice from the company a couple of months later showing a credit for our delivery charge (which I demanded, since they didn't show up until 8pm to deliver and SET UP this stuff). This new invoice has a new sentance (which wasn't in the original invoice that we signed) put in at the end of the invoice stating "You give us (finance company shown above) a security interest on any goods purchased in this transaction, if financed." We did not have to sign this new invoice. Do they need our signature to inforce this "security interest" or are we liable for this debt and it is not dischargable? We want to keep the furniture. Thank you in advance for any help on this. I would give up the furniture if it wasn't our childrens beds.

S

skwirl

Well.....personally I think it may be "bully" tactics. Besides it is illegal to resell used mattresses so they can't take them, so even if they come after the beds they can't use the mattresses. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Of course if they took it personally and wanted to be vindictive they could take the whole set up and throw the mattresses out instead of letting you keep them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">