• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seeking Insurance Re-imbursement after voluntary termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gotintegrity

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Md but job was in McLean, Va
Every year since I started on feb, 2007, they would re-imburse me for 1/2 of what my wife paid for my medical insurance at her job. This they reluctantly paid at the end of the year. When I left, on Nov.13th, 2009, I expected them to pay me for the period between 1/1/09 and 11/13/09. they sent me a letter stating that I was not entitled to this because of the economy. Now i can tell you that they have been telling patients for the last 2 years that the economy has not affected business. I know that to be true from working there. This letter hit me like a ton of bricks because I trusted them and I left in good standing. I would like to take them to court and get this money.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Do you have a legally binding and enforceable contract that guarantees they will pay this? If not, you haven't got a leg to stand on; they are under NO legal obligation to reimburse you.

swalsh411

How would you prove that your employer ever promised you this reimbursement? Was it stated in a policy or your offer letter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">