• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selective inforcment as a defense in violation of city ordenence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spaguy4u

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ks

i recently recieved a notice from my local city for vilating there inoperable vehicle ordinence i have a vehicle i placed in my drivway to remove parts from to repair another vehicle i am clearly in violation of the ordence i do not pretend otherwise however my complaint is that as of yesterday there were approxamatlky fourty other vehicles i took photos of in simaler disrepair or non legal status that did not recieve any vialtion notice
clearly that is being selective on there enforcement is it not as i am the "newcomer to town and all the other vehicles are owned by long time residence of the community

racer72

Selective enforcement is perfectly legal. And how do you know any of the 40 owners of the other vehicles were not cited?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">