• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self Defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kartem

I live in Canada/ Toronto and I have a question about self defense in this particular situation.

Me and 3 of my other friends recently got into a fight with about 5-6 people at the house party, after some time we thought it was over. Then they came back with more people with bats and bb guns. Some of my friends got hit with the bat in the face and shot a few times with bbgun, nothing serious tho. So I am just wondering, in a fight like that if you pull out a knife and stab one of the attackers can it be considered a self defense?

The fight started with words exchanged from both sides, they delivered he first blow tho the firts and second time.

I understand that we both agree to combat, but they persisted on fighting second time with weapons.

Crazed98

As Canadian As ...

True story, related by author Margaret Atwood in an interview.

Somebody in Canada started a contest to come up with a saying
analogous to "As American as apple pie." The idea was to
finish this sentence: "As Canadian as..."

The winner: "As Canadian as possible under the circumstances."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">