• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seller wont leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lorraine03

What is the name of your state? Texas

Seller won't get items out of garage or move from apartment, keeps giving us the run around or avoiding us all together. What are my choices to get him out. Also when is property considered yours, when you pay the money (paid full amount) or when you sign the deed and get it registered. Paid monies in one year signed the deed in another. Is the property taxes then considered ours at the time of the deed or the payment of the money. Please help I know this is a mess just trying to keep head above water.

Thanks
Lorraine03

If you have closed on the property it is yours. If all the papers were signed and you walked away from closing with no worries other than when is this seller leaving then the property is yours. You can have the previous owner lawfully evicted or if you want to be nice you could make him pay for the time he wants to stay. Note: there is no limit as to what you can charge him for rent. but that is what he is doing he is renting your property. Make him pay.

HomeGuru

Lorraine03 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Seller won't get items out of garage or move from apartment, keeps giving us the run around or avoiding us all together. What are my choices to get him out. Also when is property considered yours, when you pay the money (paid full amount) or when you sign the deed and get it registered. Paid monies in one year signed the deed in another. Is the property taxes then considered ours at the time of the deed or the payment of the money. Please help I know this is a mess just trying to keep head above water.

Thanks
Lorraine03
**A: the property is lawfully considered yours when the new deed is recorded transferring title.
This action may not take place until days after the actual closing when you signed all the documents and you and the mortgage lender gave the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">