• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling an Article Via Ebay Deletes the Guarantee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The consumer laws are insane. Here in Europe, the warranty is bound to the product because manufacturers are standing behind their product. Where is the difference if I am the first or second owner when the guarantee is not over ? I do not see a reasonable reason why - just like that - the guarantee is away? The product is still the same...nothing changed...the manufacturer got his money...nothing changed...so which part did I miss ?? Does a serious company do that ?
Yes. Serious companies include "not transferable" clauses in their warranties. This condition is not on its own illegal.

Everyone (regardless of where in the world they are located) should read carefully all legal documents and understand what these documents mean.

Because you are in Europe, you should be asking your questions to a legal professional in your area. FreeAdvice handles US law questions and concerns only.

Good luck.

justalayman

I know as I wrote above. This is not very consumer-friendly in my opinion..
A lot of products warranties are transferable or “go with the product”. This particular company chooses to not transfer to the subsequent owners. It’s a financial decision the manufacturer can make as they choose.

banderas1

Sorry, but I cannot follow you..."Its a financial decision"...so where is the difference when something is broken, the company tells me that this a guarantee issue which is covered by their warranty and should be repaired, but only because I am the second owner, they will not do it ? And if I am the first owner, they will do it ? So the financial aspect is that Leiftech "hopes" that I am not the first owner and therefore can save money. Is that what you mean with "financial" aspect ?

justalayman

Sorry, but I cannot follow you..."Its a financial decision"...so where is the difference when something is broken, the company tells me that this a guarantee issue which is covered by their warranty and should be repaired, but only because I am the second owner, they will not do it ? And if I am the first owner, they will do it ? So the financial aspect is that Leiftech "hopes" that I am not the first owner and therefore can save money. Is that what you mean with "financial" aspect ?
That’s exactly what I mean. Leiftech doesn’t make any profit from the secondary market. They want everybody to purchase directly from them

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">