• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling home with mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mascorpio

What is the name of your state? OHIO

My mother and I own a home 50/50, I was wondering how does the money flow when two owners are involved? We are going to sell and I want to make sure I get my half.

HomeGuru

mascorpio said:
What is the name of your state? OHIO

My mother and I own a home 50/50, I was wondering how does the money flow when two owners are involved? We are going to sell and I want to make sure I get my half.

**A: who are the titleholders and is there a mortgage on the property?

mascorpio

My mothers name and mine are on the deed and she took out a loan on her half of the house 8 years ago, but it still has a balance.

HomeGuru

mascorpio said:
My mothers name and mine are on the deed and she took out a loan on her half of the house 8 years ago, but it still has a balance.

**A: one can't take out al oan on half the house unless it is a double wide and it is split down the middle.
In answer to your question, at clusing, all the encumbrances/expenses are paid first ie. mortgagem real property taxes etc. then a check is made to both owners. Who split the funds 50/50.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">