• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling jerseys online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tuanle007

i want to sell jerseys online.
I am in california.
the maker is in china (hong kong)
i think they make replica jerseys.
they look pretty real. with tags and everything.
will it be okay for me to sell it?
or is it counterfeited?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am in california.
or is it counterfeited?
Really?

Do you REALLY have to ask if those Chinese folks are selling counterfeits to you?

(In case you missed the sarcasm...no, it's not okay for you to sell counterfeit items)

Just Blue

Really?

Do you REALLY have to ask if those Chinese folks are selling counterfeits to you?

(In case you missed the sarcasm...no, it's not okay for you to sell counterfeit items)
Let us not forget these items are made by little kids earning about .25 per hour.

FlyingRon

You're lucky if you even manage to get them into the US before they are confiscated.
There's no way that a legitimate product comes through unauthorized overseas channels.
You're risking not only losing your investment but substantial penalties.

quincy

I am in california.
or is it counterfeited?
I agree with everyone else but I am curious as to what type or types of "jerseys" these are that you wish to sell (the word "replica" makes me believe, as do the others, that the jerseys being made in China are counterfeit goods).

racer72

You're lucky if you even manage to get them into the US before they are confiscated.
There's no way that a legitimate product comes through unauthorized overseas channels.
You're risking not only losing your investment but substantial penalties.
There is a big swap meet located in San Jose, California. There are at least 20 vendors in there selling counterfeit jerseys and other paraphenalia. Someone is getting that stuff into the US.

quincy

There is a big swap meet located in San Jose, California. There are at least 20 vendors in there selling counterfeit jerseys and other paraphenalia. Someone is getting that stuff into the US.
There are a lot of counterfeit goods seized at ports and borders so it can be an expensive gamble for any importer to try to get fake goods into the U.S..

Although some counterfeits will pass through customs unnoticed, many counterfeits are found but intentionally allowed to pass through so that federal agents can track the goods. The importers, the dealers and the sellers will then all eventually be arrested and the remaining goods confiscated and, often, destroyed.

In other words, there are retail stores that might be selling counterfeit brand name items, and it is not unusual to find counterfeit goods sold at flea markets and online on sites like eBay. These counterfeited goods are often tracked, starting with the importer to the dealer and then to the vendor and the customer. The large raids and seizures of counterfeit goods that occur in the states are the result of the careful monitoring of the counterfeit goods from port or border entry to the marketplace.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">