• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling my car outright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lexa

I recently decided to sell my car in order to purchase a new one. I have a buyer for the car, but they just moved here from Arizona, so they have no relationship established with a bank as of yet and asked if they could make payments for a few months til they could obtain a loan. I have no problem with this as long as my bank payment is being met. The dilemma is that I still have a loan on this vehicle and by letting her make payments, I cannot give her the title until it is paid in full. My question is this, since my license tabs are good til September 2001, can she drive my car as a "rental" or a "leased" car until she pays in full at which time she receives the title? And will an insurance company go for this? Or do I keep insurance and charge her what my bill is?
I live in the state of Minnesota if there are laws that pertain to this for our state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">