• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling OTC medications from a web site.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

questions_hamm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Hi -

I've been pouring through the FDA and their regulations trying to find a definition of selling items like ibuprofin, aspirin, and other OTC "safe" medications from a web site. I want to know both the list of ones that don't need an onsite pharmacist and what regulations are germaine to the actual sale/shipping of the item.

any pointers or help is greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

The FDA has a whole section "Office of Nonprescription Drugs" that regulates OTC medication. They have a web page. Start there. I'm not sure just what business model you envision, but OTC drugs are still highly regulated, you just don't need a prescription to obtain them. There are strict rules on their production, import, and labeling which might thwart any attempt to make a buck on internet sales.

There are a few drugs that fall into a special 'in between' section of the law because they are precursor products to making meth (pseudoefedrine).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">